Located at our Grand Forks Practice
Susan uses her strong clinical background and the latest technologies to develop a personalized eye care plan to maintain your eye health and long-term vision.
Her education and training include:
- Pre-Optometry Studies, Bachelor of Science in Biology, the University of South Dakota (graduated with honors)
- Master of Science in Zoology, North Dakota State University (graduated with honors)
- Doctor of Optometry, Illinois College of Optometry (graduated Magna Cum Laude)
- Clinical rotations at ICO, University of Chicago, VA Health System, and Black Hills Regional Eye Institute with emphasis on primary care, ocular disease, pediatrics, binocular vision, low vision, and contact lenses. Received Honors in all rotations.
Susan has quality training in the latest, up to date technology and treatments, and her involvement in professional organizations keeps her current with new advances in eye care.
- American Optometric Association
- North Dakota Optometric Association
- Certified in the Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease
- TLC Laser Vision Correction Affiliate
Susan has been a reviewer for the Council on Optometric Practitioner Education and a mentor in the Illinois College of Optometry ICOPro Mentorship program since 2015.
ICO honored Susan with its prestigious Lawrence P. Feigenbaum Clinical Optometry Memorial Award in 2009. The award recognizes the top clinician in the graduating class who demonstrated outstanding clinical performance. She also received the ICO Clinical Excellence Award for receiving honors in all her clinical rotations.